Ballarat Food and Wine Directory
Do you like the Hospitality in Ballarat?
Ballarat Food and Wine
Ballarat is a historic city in the central highlands region of Victoria, Australia. In recent years, it has become known for its vibrant food and wine scene, with a range of dining and drinking options to suit all tastes and budgets.
Ballarat is home to a number of excellent restaurants serving a range of cuisines. Some of the best options include:
- Catfish Thai: this popular restaurant on Sturt Street serves authentic Thai food with a modern twist. The menu includes classics like pad Thai and green curry, as well as more unusual dishes like larb pla (spicy fish salad).
- The Forge Pizzeria: located on Armstrong Street North, this pizzeria is known for its delicious wood-fired pizzas. The menu includes a range of classic and gourmet toppings, as well as gluten-free options.
- The Provincial: this upmarket restaurant on Lydiard Street North serves French-inspired cuisine made with fresh, local ingredients. The menu changes seasonally and includes dishes like steak frites and confit duck leg.
Pubs and Bars
For a more casual dining and drinking experience, Ballarat has plenty of pubs and bars to choose from. Some of the best options include:
- The Mallow: this historic pub on Mair Street is a favourite among locals. It serves classic pub fare like burgers and parmas, as well as a range of craft beers and cocktails.
- Mitchell Harris Wine Bar: located on Doveton Street North, this stylish wine bar serves a range of local wines and craft beers, as well as sharing plates like charcuterie and cheese boards.
- The Pub With Two Names: as the name suggests, this pub on Sturt Street has had several different names over the years. It serves good old-fashioned pub grub like bangers and mash and chicken parma, as well as a range of beers and ciders on tap.
Cafes and Takeaway
For a quick, casual bite to eat, Ballarat has a range of cafes and takeaway options to choose from. Some of the best include:
- The Turret Cafe: located on Armstrong Street South, this cosy cafe serves breakfast and lunch dishes like eggs benedict and BLT sandwiches.
- Catfish Cafe: this sister cafe to Catfish Thai on Sturt Street serves coffee, pastries and light meals like toasties and salads.
- The Local Burger Co.: this popular takeaway spot on Mair Street serves delicious burgers made with local ingredients. The menu includes classic beef burgers as well as vegetarian and vegan options.
Ballarat Food and Wine Articles